After working with the Canadian Coast Guard, Captain Lesley Head started Heads-Up Navigation in 1998. This focused on "On-the-Water" training for individuals getting into the boating world or moving up to much larger vessels. Celebrating 21 years in the industry!
In 1999 she became the first Recognized Provider for the newly instated Pleasure Craft Operators Card and has since licensed over 8000 people from 8 to 88 years of age. She now focuses on instruction of Industry Canada and Transport Canada commercial courses. The SVOP, ROC-M and (MED A-3) now known as the SDV-BS are required by all small commercial and workboat operators.
Credentials (marine related):
- Transport Canada approved provider/teacher/school for MED. A-3 (MED-SDV-BS) , ROC-M and SVOP.
- Provincial Instructor Diploma from VCC, Vancouver 2016.
- Recognized provider for PCOC
- Recognized examiner for ROC-M with DSC endorsement.
- Minister of Transport Certificate: CL-Master Limited Under 60 GRT (passenger), No restrictions other than those of the specific vessel.
- Bridge Watchman Rating.
- Min. of Transport Restricted Engineer SVMO/ Min. of Transport Certificate: Bridge Watchman and GMDSS-DSC and ROC Radio licenses.
- Min. of Transport Certificate: MED-Lifeboatman Qualified In Marine Emergency Duties also MED. C & D (Junior & Senior Officer).
- International Sail and Power Association Certified Instructor-Power, Coastal Skipper, On the water and in the classroom.
- Canadian Power & Sail Squadron certificates for Basic Boating, Seamanship Sail and Advanced Piloting- Life Time member. Teacher, Past Commander of Saanich Power Squadron, BC. Teacher for Brentwood Bay Squadron.
- St. John's Ambulance: Standard 1st. Aid Enhanced and C.P.R., Marine First Aid.
| | |||
Website development & photography:
©2020 Heads-Up Navigation